Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 19, 2008


Because my art is based on personal experiences, issues or observations with/from friends, family and acquaintances are usually part of a painting. At times, I suppose, this can be uncomfortable for some to be publicly exposed in such a manner. I try to keep this in mind while at the same time not compromise the vision I have and what it is I want to say.

Such is the case with my latest start. Several days of metamorphosing the person who is to be exposed into a bird, toad, then alien I was inspired by an old Mexican woodcarving that I had acquired many years ago. The figure is in a position which speaks to the experience I want to share. Tomorrow I will translate the woodcarving on to paper then transfer to the canvas where I can begin to paint.

Peace Always

Sharon

No comments: