Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 18, 2008


Photo by Sharon Lee

One blog that I subscribe to is one by Alison Bechdel. Originally from central Pennsylvania I first became aware of her work "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic" which is largely based in Beach Creek, Pennsylvania which is down the road and over a mountain from where I live. "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic" is a graphic novel that she both wrote and illustrated about her family of origin in all their dysfunctional glory. I'd say that this book was a page turner except for the fact that the illustrations were wonderful and worth spending extra time viewing.

Alison now has a blog which is updated just short of once a week covering any and all topics that interests here.

Fun read.

Peace Always

Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I was looking through profiles on blogger and found your blog interesting.

I want to become friends and I am welcoming you to come over and visit my art blog.

take care and hope to see you soon