Sunday, June 1, 2008

May 31, 2008


photograph by Rick Brandt

Today was my daughter's first dance recital as a teacher and not a student. She had been taking classes a the same dance studio for most of her life and like all dancers considered the "senior-teacher" dance the pinnacle of success. Unfortunately my daughter dropped out of dance school in high school to attend a private high school that had a top tier dance program. Anyway low and behold she gets to dance in the "Senior/teacher" performance this year as she is now a part-time teacher at the very school she grew up in. I had to spend the morning getting 8 tires for my daughter's and my car, bring lunch so we could nosh and came back to town a third time (40 miles round trip) to watch her dance. Long day-no painting.

No comments: