Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31, 2008


Photo by Sharon Lee
Catwoman (movie version): Meagan Brandt

Happy Halloween

When I was a mother of a young theatrical daughter Halloween was probably one of the most important holidays of the year. Preparations were usually made well in advance and our Halloween festivities, mapped out (school costume, State College Halloween parade, haunted houses and trick-or-treating). Some years two costumes were needed as the school would decide a theme for the kids to wear or my daughter's costume was a bit too edgy for school.

These were days of great creativity for me and my daughter and every year as I worked the sewing machine I remembered my grandmother and mother making costumes for me. My grandmother was a great costume maker who designed an award winning Halloween costume every year. This year my daughter lives in her own apartment and has created her own costume with her roommates.

Peace Always

Sharon

No comments: