Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 13, 2008


Most often when I sit at the easel to paint I have loaded either music or podcasts on to my ipod shuffle for listening while I am painting. I have several vegan podcasts I listen to,in addition the "the Lesbian Mafia", Bill Mahr's "Real Time" (I don't have HBO) and my favorite podcast,"Keith and the Girl".

"Keith and the Girl" is a radio-type format with co-hosts Keith Malley and Chemda Khalili. The show is funny and smart. It's hard to pinpoint just one or two reasons why this podcast appeals to me. The guests are fun, Keith's and Chemda both cut the bullshit and get to the heart of the issues they bring up. Insulting, hilarious and thought provoking this podcast inspires me to express art with honesty and integrity while entertaining.

I am also inspired by the fact that they have created their project without the backing of a corporation-just two people with the same vision making things happen. "Keith and the Girl" are an example of what can happen if you truly believe in what you do and what you represent.

Peace Always

Sharon

No comments: