Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008

pencil sketch of Menstruation Theatre puppet

Menstruation Theater (Installation)
2002
30” x 18” x 54”



As a show opening's date edges closer my days have become many hours of hectic. Mixed with moving my daughter into her first apartment, moving my friends son's, a trip to Pittsburgh to pick up camera equipment, making and shipping yoga props for my yoga prop business, a broken car (my daughter's), interviewing for a Continuing Ed. position (instructing a class on "How to Live in Central PA as a Vegan") I have to coordinate van rental, purchase a portable DVD player, have video transferred to dvd, cassette to cd, dust off the Menstruation Theatre, get some ipod cables, pick up framed pieces, hotel reservations, hair dyeing, and decide upon an appropriate opening reception outfit.

The routinist in me wants to hold on to my daily schedule: painting, hiking, gardening and yoga but as each day passes I know I have to let some things go. Tonight my intention was to paint, walk in the woods and a session of relaxation yoga. I had time for only one and chose yoga.

In the past I have ignored the busy times keeping my scheduled activities and cramming in any other necessities any way possible. I usually end up sick afterwards. Age has taught me to accept that all things can not be done at all times.

No comments: