Monday, April 28, 2008

April 28, 2008


Before I explain the second two parts of the painting untitled i wanted to see if I could sensibly describe the painting process. When I'm ready to start a new painting I leave my mind to the possibility of an idea. I don't try to force it and as soon as I understand what the idea will be I can start visualize things in a way. Now I've met painters who were able to see a painting in its completion the moment they locked it in. This in no way the case for me. First I lock in the thought and then dissect it a bit to see if it is
1)Truth
2) A universal issue-Not meaning that everybody will have experienced this issue but at least a fair amount
3) How do I translate this thought into a drawing, or painting, or sculpture

I WILL CONTINUE THIS THREAD TOMORROW.,

No comments: